torsdag den 8. november 2012

Raleigh, Election & Winter sport try-outs!

So, this last weekend we spent, as I mentioned in my previous post, in Raleigh, North Carolina. We visited our host brother Andrew and his cute dog Bosco, where Ida and I stayed at his apartment with the dogs while Mom & Dad were staying at a hotel. When we first came there Saturday, we went to a Sports bar where we enjoyed the Florida Gator-game (the family's team) and a delicious lunch. I ate way too much!
In the evening we went to a unique restaurant called "The big easy" and enjoyed a nice meal there as well. After that, we went to Andrews place and spent the rest of the evening watching movies - old classic.The dogs slept in our room = we woke up way too early... We met up with Mom and Dad in The State Park and went for a little hike - beautiful nature! Though all that, the very best thing about the whole weekend, was the brunch we had at "BUKU". There was everything you could ask for - amazing!

This Tuesday everything was, surprisingly enough, revolving around The Presidential Election. I found it very exciting to talk to different people and hear what their view and opinion is. Since the campaigns were gone crazy up till, hundreds of people were standing in lines to the polling place. Obviously the time you would stand in line varied, depended on what time you went there. Some people 3 hours, other people 5 min! I didn't take either of the party's site, but tried to just observe.

This week there is also try-outs for the winter sports. It has been a really confusing week for me, since I wasn't really sure about what sport I was gonna do. FRUSTRATING!!! I had Baskett-ball, Swimming and Indoor track in mind, and have so far tried out for both swimming and Basket-ball. BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW! :( - I guess I will have to figure something out and inform you guys in my next post...
    

   

           

     
  


Btw, thank you for all your attention - I'm close to the 5000 page viewings now!  

2 kommentarer:

  1. HEJ STINE
    DET ER SJOVT AT LÆSE DIN BLOG. VI KAN DA SE DU OPLEVER EN MASSE.DET ER UTROLIGT HVAD DU KAN NÅ .DU FÅR MIG IKKE TIL AT SKRIVE PÅ ENGELSK SÅ VILLE DET TAGE FLERE DAGE.MEN DET ER EN GOD ØVELSE SÅ MÅSKE EN GANG .NU HAR VI FÅET GJORT KLAR TIL BANKOSPIL DÆKKET BORD OSV VI STARTER KL 18 SÅ BLIVER DET SPÆNDENDE OM JEG KAN VINDE EN PRÆMIE MORFAR VIL IKKE MED ,MEN HELLE WILLY MARGIT OG JENS ERIK KOMMER .
    LENE HAR VÆRET TIL EKSAMEN I SYGEPLEJE OG FÅET EN FIN KARAKTER,DET VAR FLOT.

    MANGE KÆRLIGE KRAM FRA MORMOR OG MORFAR

    SvarSlet
  2. Hey there Stinepigen
    Fedt at snakke med dig i weekenden – selv om det var kort.
    Det ser ud til at være en meget flot natur, der hvor Andrew bor ! Og med alle de madhistorier du skriver kan jeg godt forstå at daglig motion er nødvendig for at holde formerne ☺
    Så jeg er spændt på at høre om, hvordan det går med svømningen, når du har haft nogle dage/uger at øve i.
    Take care
    Daddy

    SvarSlet