mandag den 17. juni 2013

Only 5 days left!

I can't believe i'm already going home in 5 days! The time has gone by so fast and the thought of leaving my new life here in the US, makes me both sad and anxious at the same time.
Although nothing may have changed back home, I need to find my place as the new individual i have become. Sometimes I wonder if they will ever be able to understand me? What this year has involved? What realizations and changes i've gone through? And who I've become?
I hope to share my stories, as well as to help people understand this experience and maybe even enrich them with a different perspective of looking at things.

I've met great people, some who have become like a second family to me, and others have been super awesome friends. I have over anything found a best friend in my swedish sister Ida, whom I would not have gone through this year as successful without! I also gained new knowledge, experience incredible things, and visited places I never thought I'd see.

Beachhouse
Last weekend we went to the beach house in NC, sadly for the very last time. This time with Milla (the Finnish girl from last year, who is back visiting right now), Vinzenz (a german exchange student), and another Danish girl; Benedikte. We enjoyed some beach hours, the hot tub, food, movies, and each others company.


Last days of school
This past week was officially the last week of school. It was filled with exams, whereof I took three - nothing like the exams in Denmark though... :) I also had people sign my yearbook, took pictures and said my goodbyes to teachers and friends i knew i wouldn't be seeing again (very sad). Wednesday I went Cheesecake Factory with my area rep - one of my favorite restaurants here, and had Oreo cheesecake for dessert! mmm..


Graduation
Thursday was graduation for the senior class, which I went to see with some friends. The ceremony itself was less exciting but taking pictures afterwards was fun, except the heat! (36 C) Since I had been invited to my friend Courtney's graduation party I waited with another girl Bella who's mom was gonna pick us up from the convention center and take us there. There was lots of food and drinks at the party and it was great as long as it lasted.

We just wanted to see how it felt to wear the cap & gown,
since they wouldn't let us graduate for real.. 
This weekend I went to a pool party, an amusement theme park in Williamsburg called "Busch Gardens," and celebrated Father's Day sunday with the whole family gathered.
         
The clock is ticking and I'm planning to get the last couple of things done this week. I am one suitcase down, but still far from ready. Wonder if I'll ever be ...

One thing is for sure; it's a bittersweet feeling :(: 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar